Here is what is open and what is closed this Monday, Colonel By Day in Ottawa. It is not a statutory holiday, therefore many business are open.
Most retail outlets are open, but with reduced hours:
- Bayshore Shopping Centre hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- St. Laurent Centre hours: 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Place D’Orleans hours: 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Rideau Centre hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- More than 350 LCBO stores across Ontario are open. Visit their website for a searchable list.
- The Beer Store hours: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., unless a location isn’t listed on this list.
City client services:
- Ottawa City Hall and the city’s seven client service centres are all closed
- City’s Provincial Offences Court is also closed
- Ottawa’s 3-1-1 contact centre is open for urgent matters
Garbage and green bin:
- Curbside green bin, recycling, or garbage collection has been cancelled for Monday and rescheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 5 and that one-day delay will happen the rest of the week.
- The Trail Waste Facility is closed.
- The same City of Ottawa parking regulations and restrictions apply on Colonel By Day.
- OC Transpo will operate its Sunday schedule
- ParaTranspo will operate a holiday service. Regular scheduled trips will be suspended.
- All beaches and some wading pools will be open, weather permitting.
- Most registered programs at swimming pools, community centres and arenas are cancelled, though some exceptions apply
- City Hall Art Gallery and OAG (Ottawa Art Gallery) Annex will remain open.
- City of Ottawa Archives, arts centres, galleries, theatres and museums will be closed
Municipal child care services:
- City-operated Child Care Centres will be closed.
Ottawa Public Library:
- All branches and services of the Ottawa Public Library will be closed.