February 15, 2016 is Family Day in Ottawa. As a provincial statutory holiday in Ontario, everything is as usual in Quebec and (unfortunately for Federal employees), goverment operations continue as normal. Here’s a list of what is open, closed, or operating on a reduced schedule on Family Day:
- The Rideau Centre is open from 10 am to 6 pm.
- Stores in the Byward Market are open (store hours may vary).
- Select Wine Racks and grocery stores are open, including Loblaws and Metro on Rideau Street.
- All other malls (including Bayshore, St. Laurent, Place D’Orleans)
- All LCBO/Beer stores.
- Most grocery stores.
- OC Transpo will operate on a weekday schedule with some minor reductions – please check before travelling.
- Para Transpo will operate on a holiday schedule.
- All parking regulations apply as usual.
Museums & Culture
- Most museums are open (War Museum, Nature, National Gallery)
- Ottawa Public Library is closed
- Rideau Canal is open (weather permitting)
- Rink of Dreams at City Hall is open 6 am to 11 pm (including Mayor skate 11 am – 2 pm)
- Skating court at Lansdowne Park open (6 am to 11 pm)
- Ben Franklin Place rink open (11 am to 8 pm)
- Most community centres/recreational facilities will be working on individual schedules – please check in advance.
- No curbside garbage/green bin/recycling collection on Monday. Collection will resume on Tuesday, February 16, with pickup delayed one day throughout week.
Have a wonderful Family Day, everyone!